Monday, February 4, 2013

The Year of the Farmer...


I absolutely loved the Dodge Ram fourth quarter commercial tonight. Literally AS it was playing, I could see my Facebook newsfeed filling and filling with links, praises and just general joy. I spent the duration of the two minute ad bawling my eyes out. Of course, I'd already cried over the Budweiser ad (and I'd had prior knowledge of it!) so this one of course came as a surprise. And then to find out that my FAVORITE ORGANIZATION IN THE WHOLE WORLD was actually going to be benefitting?  Excellent! (National FFA is receiving up to a million dollars from Ram depending on how many people view/share the video... I'm going to take a stab and say it'll be the full million.)

Over the next couple hours, I watched as it blew up first Facebook, then Twitter (trending!) and the internet in general as "one of the best commercials of the Super Bowl". Beautiful. A huge audience, a huge message and the best part is, it wasn't stereotypical, it wasn't arrogant and it was simple. Ram helped do some major good tonight on improving the face of modern agriculture. I'm so proud to be a part of the largest industry in America <3

Here's the link to the ad so you too can help out the National FFA Organization! http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/keepplowing/

2 comments: