Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hello Stranger ( plus a bunch of branding business)

Hey there! 


Remember me? 


Yeah, it's been a while.


But I'm back now! And better than ever. 


For the last few months, I confess I've been a bit behind with Fact or Hogwash. To tell the truth, I was getting a little discouraged. My links weren't quite hitting the audience I'd liked and it just didn't seem like anything I posted was having an effect on anyone. Then something happened.


I have no idea how. 


But one of my pictures WENT VIRAL. I mean, INSANELY VIRAL. (the funny part being, it wasn't even one of my favorite pictures.)


And while it wasn't the best way for me to learn that "even one person reached has made a difference", it definitely helped motivate me to get my bum in gear again. I made myself a pact to post at least once or twice a day and to have original material at least three times a week. 


Then I took a look at everything. Random profile picture, random cover, even more random blog... this wasn't helping me define my audience at all. There needed to be a change. 


While I may not have been on Fact or Hogwash these last couple months, I have been busy. Some of you may know that I'm also a photographer and a new one at that. I've been working on developing a brand for my photo business and it hit me:


Fact or Hogwash NEEDED a brand. 


I got to work. I liked the idea of the "confirmed" stamps you sometimes see on papers and I also knew I'd LOVE a script as an accent. The tagline "real facts. real farms." came to me almost instantly and I knew I didn't have to look any further for a line. The choice to have two colors also helps with the identity. It's simple, it's clean, and most of all, it's catchy. People can now look at both my facebook and my blog and see a uniform idea. It's strong and reinforces the goal behind Fact or Hogwash. 


the Facebook makeover


the new look




So now that this is built up and (in my opinion), quite beautiful, I'm excited to start posting much more. I'm attending the Agvocacy 2.0 event in Kansas City in August, which I'm confident will help me spread my message even more. 


Now it's your turn: Fact or Hogwash can't really make that much of an impact unless you SHARE SHARE SHARE. The Internet has made it really easy to do this too. Be a pal and pass the word along :)






No comments:

Post a Comment